Thursday, March 13, 2008

Overview

My research paper is about whether paparazzi should be illegal or not. Paparazzi is defined as a photographer who takes candid photographs of celebrities for publication. The paparazzi of today has gone overboard with their photographing. Many celebrities do not get the privacy they deserve as American citizens. Everyone has the right to live their own life however they want. Because of the paparazzi many celebrities are denied their right to privacy.
The controversy surrounding paparazzi is evident in many courts around the nation. There have been many courts trying to pass laws against the paparazzi, especially in California. Many celebrities have spoken out against the paparazzi and their actions. They believe that gossip magazines are hurtful and usually don't contain the truth. The issue with the paparazzi needs to be solved before too many people get hurt.
I picked this topic because I thought it would be interesting and because it is something I truly believe in. I enjoy reading the gossip, as does most other Hollywood fans, but I have come to realize how untrue some of this gossip may be. After watching the TMZ show I realized how much people who run these websites and magazines don't really care about the celebrities they are hurting, and all they care about is the stories. I think the paparazzi can be truly hurtful, and I chose to write my research paper about this because I want to voice my opinion.
My main research question is "why should the paparazzi be illegal?" and in my research paper I will state the various reasons along with including my personal opinion. I really like my topic and I hope my research paper turns out well.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hey it's Steph and I'm doing the same topic. I agree with you on all of those points because the celebrities truely are harassed these days. Like you said, I love to read about the celebrity gossip and everything that is going on in Hollywood, but recently I have started to realize how it has become too much. I have found cases such with Lindsay Lohan and Princess Diana which have had serious problems with the paparazzi. All of the bad thoughts I have had about the paparazzi are only being expanded through the research I have done. I'm really enjoying the topic as well and find a lot of it to be very interesting.

Leanne said...

Your subtopics are very strong!! You should have no problem writing your paper. Each of your subtopics is distinctly different, which should help outline your paper and make a stronger argument.